CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
*** Just a note to those following my blog, but not following a gluten free diet, with just a simple adjustment to the recipes they can be full of gluten. Substitutes: any gluten free flour/mix use wheat flour and omit the xanthan gum. ***

Monday, February 20, 2012

Bette Hagman's Featherlight Mix

I use several different flours, but Bette Hagman's Featherlight Mix is the one I use the most.  I mix up a 5 gallon bucket at a time.  I buy my flours & starches at Honeyville Grain in Salt Lake in 50 lb bags and store the extra in 5 gallon buckets as well. 

1 cup Rice Flour
1 cup Cornstarch
1 cup Tapioca Starch
1 Tbsp Potato Flour (not potato starch)

For a 5 gallon bucket I 5 times the above recipe in a big bowl then dump into the bucket.  I do that 4-5 times until the bucket is full.  I find it easier to mix when doing it in smaller amounts.

2 comments:

Cora

So today we start a journey with Celiac Disease and I'm in SLC, too. I appreciate your tip to get your products at Honeyville but wondered if you could suggest the type of rice flour (course, fine) and if there is a brand you prefer. Thanks in advance!

Julie

I would suggest getting a fine flour. Honeyville is also the brand. Good Luck!!

Post a Comment