CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
*** Just a note to those following my blog, but not following a gluten free diet, with just a simple adjustment to the recipes they can be full of gluten. Substitutes: any gluten free flour/mix use wheat flour and omit the xanthan gum. ***

Friday, March 9, 2012

Gluten Free Waffle Ice Cream Cones

One of my favorite foods is ice cream!!  When I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease I was sad that I wouldn't be able to have ice cream cones anymore.  I found this recipe within a few months of going gluten free.  It is one of my FAVORITES!!!!!!!!  I cannot tell you enough how GOOD these are.  SO DELICIOUS!!!


I found the recipe here.  Once I found the recipe I knew I had to get the waffle cone maker.  I wasn't sure if I would really use it very often, but these are so good that we made them probably way too often at first.  This is the waffle cone maker I bought.  I LOVE it!!!

Gluten Free Waffle Cones 
*I usually double or four times the recipe.  Doubling = around 24 cones*

3             eggs
3/4 cup   sugar
1/2 cup   butter, melted and cooled
2 Tbsp     vanilla
3/4 cup   Featherlight mix
1/4 cup   GF mix*
3/4 tsp    xanthan gum
1 tsp       baking powder

Beat eggs, gradually adding sugar. Add cooled butter and vanilla. In other bowl, combine flour mixes, xanthan gum, and baking powder. Blend into egg mixture until smooth. Dough will be sticky. Drop 2-3 TBSPs batter (I use the large Pampered Chef scoop.) onto a hot waffle cone baker.

I set the waffle cone maker between the 3 and 4 setting and bake for 60-75 seconds. Remove from baker and either roll around a waffle cone shaper or drape over an upside-down bowl or cup. The cone will harden quickly as it cools.

Here's a video showing how to roll the waffle cones!!

Be sure to leave waffle cone on the cone shaper until it has a hardened a little!!

Be sure to handle with care, they are fragile, but so good!!!!
* Here is the Bette Hagman's GF Flour Mix:
6 cups     rice flour
2 cups     potato starch (not potato flour)
1 cup       tapioca starch

0 comments:

Post a Comment