CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
*** Just a note to those following my blog, but not following a gluten free diet, with just a simple adjustment to the recipes they can be full of gluten. Substitutes: any gluten free flour/mix use wheat flour and omit the xanthan gum. ***

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Vegetable Beef Soup (Tree Soup)

This soup has been a favorite even before going gluten free.  I am going to post it because it is a favorite and I know some people are looking for some different dinner recipes. 



1 lb. stew meat 
2 cups tomato juice
3 cups water
2 tsps beef bouillon paste (2 cubes) **Just make sure the bouillon is gluten free - check the label.  I use Better than Bouillon paste!!**
1 med. onion, chopped
1-2 stalks celery, diced

Put above ingredients in large pot & simmer until the meat is well cooked.  

Add:
potatoes (as many as desired)
carrots (as many as desired)

Cook until almost done. 

Then add:
broccoli (as much as desired)
cabbage (as much as desired)
I like a chunky soup, so I always end up adding more tomato juice and water to cover.

Continue to cook until everything is done.

We like to serve it with mozzerella cheese sticks (string cheese) or swiss cheese.

*** Yesterday was the first time I made this in a crock pot. I did the first step on the stove, then added the potatoes and carrots and the pot of broth/meat into the crock pot. I cooked on high for 3-4 hours, then added the broccoli and cabbage an hour before eating. It worked great. ***

0 comments:

Post a Comment